· Demonstrates general knowledge and understanding of sheet fed presses and printing processes.
· Reads work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions.
· Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
· Operates and maintains the press feeder, including throwing stock and loading the feeder as required.
· Maintains ink levels during press run.
· Participates in all phases of press wash up.
· Operates the press in a backup capacity.
· Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
· Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintains production throughout the run.
· Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
· Accurately follows instructions.
· Maintains records of daily production, using specified forms.
· Keeps work area neat and clean.
· Trains workers to set up, operate and use machines.
· Performs daily/monthly maintenance and troubleshooting.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have 2-4 years of related experience running, troubleshooting and performing quality control on a press of similar size and complexity.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must have basic computer skills to perform data entry.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must have the ability to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to read a ruler.
- Must be accurate and efficient.
- Must be able to operate independently.
- Must demonstrate good decision making and time management.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Westrock Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.