WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Die Cut Operator 3rd Shift - Holland MI
13 West Fourth St
Holland, Michigan, 49423
GENERAL PURPOSE: Set up and operate die cutting machinery. Responsible for all aspects of performance including productivity, quality, and spoilage.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews the job ticket, layout sheets, or sample prior to running production.
Nicking and rubbering the die may be required.
- Clears machine before and after each run and picks up and destroys all foreign material.
Empties all waste receptacles located within the blue line area.
- Performs a make-ready and gets approval from appropriate personnel prior to running each job.
- Assembles cartons for each run to determine proper carton appearance and function.
Checks scores on
back of cartons for cracking and proper alignment (die to counter).
Compares vinyl to die cut sheet to assure they match.
- Runs gluer make-ready as directed.
Properly dispose of any excess make-ready sheets.
- Cuts each job according to specifications and quality standards.
- Inspects two sheets per skid during operation for proper cutting and scoring.
- Saves die cut retains from each job.
- Stacks the job in a safe and proper manner.
Uses hand lift truck to carry pallets.
- Communicates verbally and in writing (when necessary) with co-workers on the progress of each job.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Informs the supervisor when supplies or parts are required.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for every job.
- Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must pass ruler test.
- Minimum of one year operating a die cutter required.
- Must have knowledge of printing terminology and practices.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining
a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.