ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Loads and feeds cartons into the feed station.
· Prints out two labels containing job ticket information and places them at the packing station.
· Sets up the packing station and the tape machine to accommodate specific carton sizes.
· Checks the die size listed on the job ticket to determine the appropriate corrugated box size and quantity for each job. Gets the boxes
required for each job from inventory and brings them to the packing station.
· Packs cartons into the boxes according to the quantities listed on the packing instructions.
· Responsible for quality inspection of cartons including offset, register, color, scum, gluing, skewing, air hammer damage, and general
appearance of cartons. Informs gluer operator or finishing supervisor of quality concerns.
· Pulls random carton samples from each run according to customer specifications.
· Clears machine and the area within the designated blue clearance line after each carton run and picks up and destroys all foreign
cartons. Empties barrels and disposes of scrap corrugated. Removes the last skid from each run with a power hand truck.
· Cleans the machine with an air hose and sweeps the surrounding floor area on a daily basis.
· Notifies the shipping department when the corrugated inventory is low.
· Clocks into the appropriate job function on the time keeping system as needed based on work assignments.
· Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for each job.
· Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
· Must have basic personal computer skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans