WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Press Operator 1st Shift - Holland, MI
79 Clover Ave
Holland, Michigan, 49423
GENERAL PURPOSE: Set up and operate the multi-color press. Responsible for all aspects of press performance including productivity, quality, spoilage, and maintenance. Provide leadership and direction to the feeder operator assigned to the press.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Clears machine before and after each run and picks up and destroys all foreign material. Empties all waste receptacles located within the blue line area.
Reviews the job ticket, layout sheets, or sample prior to running production.
Checks plates before mounting for visible imperfections.
Inspects blanket for imperfections and packs to specifications.
Downloads pre-press information, assigns units for proper color sequence, sets up scanner as appropriate.
Achieves color match and print registration position. Receives approval from pressroom supervisor prior to running the job.
Interprets color bars to control print quality.
Maintains ink and water balance for desired print quality.
Maintains color during the run with color matched approved sheets and closed loop system.
Checks both sides of the press sheets for defects.
Tags job samples.
Records the quantity of good sheets printed and the total ink used on the job ticket.
Removes and occasionally preserves all plates for storage.
Assists in the press wash up and cleaning process.
Trains and directs the work of the feeder operator assigned to the press.
Performs routine and preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
Communicates and assists sales staff and customers during press proofs.
Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for every job.
Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of print production experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years operating a multi-color press required.
- Excellent communication skills, including the demonstration of tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc.).
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Westrock Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.