WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Technician, 2nd shift - Hicksville, NY
325 Duffy Ave
Hicksville, New York, 11801
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
MPS Hicksville, NY
Maintenance Technician - Hicksville, NY
Perform general mechanical maintenance of facility and equipment in a timely and courteous manner.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Performs mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance of manufacturing equipment (i.e. printing presses, folding machines, etc.).
· Repairs and maintains facility systems (HVAC, plumbing, compressed air, and humidification).
· Paints and performs minor repairs of building interior and exterior including masonry, wallboard, ceiling tiles, woodwork, etc.
· Uses rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments accurately.
· Performs basic handiwork such as replacing light bulbs, ballasts, water and air filters, and plumbing fixtures, cleaning drains, hanging pictures and bulletin boards, and maintaining proper forklift batteries.
· Prepares and operates machine tools such as grinders, and drill presses to repair or fabricate machine parts and/or fixtures.
· Troubleshoots electric and electronic problems.
· Performs inspections of and tests fire alarms and pumps.
· Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical components including bindery equipment (folder roller changes, transport belts, bearings, drive motors) and presses.
· Troubleshoots and repairs PLC’s.
· Troubleshoots motors, pumps, compressors and any other systems in the plant.
· Checks new and refurbished parts for the proper specs.
· Performs preventative maintenance.
· Performs machine modifications to improve production as needed.
· Works on call as required.
· Builds custom parts on demand.
· Maintains accurate maintenance records.
· Operates scissors and forklifts.
· Performs other job duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
· Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must have training/certification in machine-specific and electronics fields.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in machining.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in electrical component repair.
· Must be able to properly use rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
· Must have a working knowledge of AC/DC motors.
· Must be trained in basic electric and mechanical safety.
· Must have some basic computer experience.
· Must be knowledgeable in the safe use of hand and small power tools.
· Must be knowledgeable in the use of blue prints and schematics.
· Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
· Must be able to work on-call as needed.
· Must have acute troubleshooting skills.
· Must be able to maintain good attendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
· Must be able to work independently and use independent judgment.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.