MPS Hicksville, NY
Flexographic Press Operator - Hicksville, NY
Assist in setting up, adjusting, maintaining and operating a flexographic press.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Sets up, adjusts, maintains and operates a flexographic press
· Works under minimum supervision.
· Performs a variety of semi-complex or critical tasks where overall quality and/or quantity can seriously affect various manufacturing operations or costs.
· Locates and corrects minor machine malfunctions.
· Cleans, lubricates, and makes minor adjustments to maintain quality of production.
· Notifies supervision of needed repairs or replacement parts.
· Delivers finished material to proper manufacturing areas as required.
· Ensures efficient operation of presses and related equipment performing preventive maintenance requirements according to operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and established preventive maintenance schedules.
· Assists with other printing processes as needed and directed by supervision.
· Assists in training Press Operator I and other team members as assigned.
· Understands all documents pertaining to the printing process and adheres to specification requirements.
· Complies with company policies, procedures, and core processes.
· Understands and respects responsibilities of working in an SOP and cGMP environment.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.
· Supports, understands, and adheres to LEAN Principles and Rules by identifying, evaluating and resolving problems.
· Focuses on continuous improvement, quality, improved cycle times, safety, cost reductions, and customer satisfaction.
· Works with other departments and maintenance personnel on projects and/or validations.
· Operates various makes of printing presses.
· Effectively communicates with and to management.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
· Must have high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
· Must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a press operator or operator trainee.
· Must have the ability to write and read simple instructions and effectively present information to others.
· Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
· Must have basic computer skills.
· Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
· Must have proficient skills in the use of hand tools.
· Must be able to maintain good attendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.