WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1st shift Press Assistant - Hicksville, NY
325 Duffy Ave
Hicksville, New York, 11801
The Multi Packaging Solutions Hicksville Facility is seeking a is seeking a Press Assistant to assist the Press Operator on the performance of manual and machine tasks in the setup, maintenance, and operation of sheet-fed offset press to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
How you will impact WestRock
What you need to succeed
- Must have six months to 1 year of related experience in manufacturing/printing industry.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must pass color vision test.
Excellent communication skills, including the demonstration of tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
Knowledge of printing terminology and practices.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc.).
- Must have the ability to perform intermediate arithmetic (decimals, fractions, ratios, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, etc.).
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass a ruler test.
- Must be able to do accurate work.
- Must demonstrate effective decision making skills.
- Must be able to manage time effectively and independently.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.