WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Bindery Assistant Various Shifts-Hicksville, NY
325 Duffy Ave
Hicksville, New York, 11801
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
MPS Hicksville, NY
Bindery Assistant - Hicksville, NY
Provide assistance with the movement of work in process (WIP) and finished product through the Bindery, assisting other operators by loading WIP into various equipment, unloading and packing finished product, making boxes and loading skids
How you will impact WestRock:
- Follows product flow instructions.
- Inspects product (labels, inserts and glued out-serts) on all designated quality criteria throughout the production process which includes proper labeling and glue alignment with control.
- Assembles and inspects trays and cartons at the beginning of each customer order.
- Receives and handles the finished product from the machine and into the trays ensuring that all designated quality criteria has been met.
- Loads and catches the product on each machine type.
- Activates machinery which includes start up; glue system, bar code scanners, double sheet detectors, jam detectors and missing print detectors.
- Reports machine problems and shut off the machine in a timely manner when problems occur.
- Shrink wraps and packs the finished product and completes all necessary paperwork.
- Cross trains on other functions as requested.
- Contributes to quality investigations when necessary.
- Interprets job ticket information and customer specifications in order to efficiently set-up and run bindery equipment.
- Understands and respects responsibilities of working in an SOP and cGMP environment.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.
- Assists operator in locating product.
- Maintains records of daily production, using specified forms.
- Performs other job duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Must be able to read a ruler.
- Must demonstrate basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of or ability to learn safety rules and procedures, and operating policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.