WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
General Labor - Hazleton, PA
33 North Powell Drive
Hazleton, Pennsylvania, 18201
We have an opportunity for a General Laborer to join the team as a utility person to assist machine operators or assist with product packaging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Load paper into machines.
• Label product.
• Remove machine waste and load into baler.
• Pull wire if needed.
• Perform housekeeping duties to insure department and company standards are maintained.
• Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by lead person and supervisor.
What You Need to Succeed:
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Occasional overhead lifting required. (3 lbs up 5lbs to 50 times a hour)
• Required to stand & walk continually.
• Frequently lifting, pushing, and/or pulling 5 to 10 lbs. (Up to 50 times a hour)
• Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling & reaching. (Up to 50 times a hour)
• Willing to work 8 hr shift schedule with some overtime.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.