WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Production Supervisor - Hanover Park, IL
965 Muirfield Dr
Hanover Park, Illinois, 60103
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.
The Production Supervisor for Hanover Park, IL will be responsible for the overall safe operations of their assigned department to include, but not limited to, safety, employee development, housekeeping, maintenance, production, customer satisfaction, quality, planning and scheduling. The Production Supervisor serves as a key member of the supervisory leadership team. The Production Supervisor assists in development and evaluation of data and makes recommendations for process improvements.
What You need to Succeed
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting as a Production Supervisor (preferred) or Team Lead (minimum). Good maintenance background very helpful.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be willing to “seek perfection” and can get others to follow in this direction.
- Must be proactive.
- Must have corrugator supervisory experience.
- Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with and influence all levels.
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings and training sessions.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Suite and other office equipment.
- Possess working knowledge of SPC (Statistical process control).
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several issues at one time.
- Ability to make independent, effective decisions.
- Must be willing to work an off-shift.
How you will impact WestRock
- Establishing and upholding a work environment dedicated to trust and respect.
- Driving business results. Making data-based decisions at every level.
- Empowering and engaging operators and subordinates.
- Doing the right thing for WestRock – every time, all the time.
- Satisfying our customers.
- Setting vision and establishing objectives for the department.
- Relentlessly driving continuous improvements in safety, production, compliance, maintenance, housekeeping, employee development, and customer satisfaction and quality.