We are a production facility and we make cardboard boxes. Have you ever ordered pizza or had an item shipped to your home? If so, there is a good chance that it was a WestRock box made in one of our WestRock facilities.
Production Workers working in our clean manufacturing facility are the key to ensuring quality cardboard boxes are produced for our customers.
Working as a team, you are responsible for the daily production of quality corrugated products in a safe and efficient manner. You will demonstrate attention to detail by ensuring order specs and special requirements are accurately followed and perform production quality checks according to WestRock’s production requirements.
The daily physical requirements included pushing, pulling, lifting, moving, stacking cardboard through various machines. To be considered for this position, you must be able to work Monday – Friday, 8-hours per day with a weekly rotating shift; midnights, afternoons and days.
All successful applicants must be able to provide a satisfactory criminal background check, pre-employment medical and a Clear Drug Test.
Why work with WestRock:
- Starting wage $20.40/hour
- Benefits following completion of 3-month probationary period.
- Pension plan after six months of employment
- Celebration lunches and BBQ’s
- An Employer that cares about health and safety
- Training opportunities to work on different machines
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
- A management team committed to WestRock's values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity and Excellence
What you need to work at WestRock:
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Have basic math skills and mechanically inclined
· Physically fit
· Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
· Prior experience operating a lift truck would be an asset
· Able to work shifts with a weekly rotation
As a global company, you will find our boxes worldwide! Next time you get a box, turn it around and see if you can find the WestRock stamp!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, WestRock will, upon request from the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact WestRock, Human Resources at 416-253-4070 about your needs and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
Please apply to www.westrock.com/careers.