WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock’s Greensboro facility is currently seeking a third shift Press Assistant.
Assist a team of press operators to ensure quick and efficient make-readies for multicolor flexographic printing press. Assist with the setup, repair, operation and maintenance of the press.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Sets up, adjusts, maintains and operates a flexographic press in absence of an operator.
- Reviews job ticket and selects the proper type and quantity of material.
- Assists in material change-overs. Ensures correct material is present and organized for production runs.
- Cleans, lubricates and makes minor adjustments to maintain quality of production.
- Cleans and maintains press equipment (pans, pumps, anilox rolls, etc.) along with general common areas.
- Removes and mounts plates when needed.
- Replenishes inks and other raw material as needed.
- Notifies supervision of needed repairs or replacement parts.
- Moves loads of printed and unprinted stock when necessary.
- Assists the press operator with preventative maintenance of the press.
- Assists with other printing processes as needed and as directed by supervision.
- Complies with established safety procedures and policies.
- Follows established standard operating procedures.
- Completes required documentation.
- Assembles print cylinders and gears.
- Performs and reviews line clearance.
- Removes waste from the press area.
- Works with other departments and maintenance personnel on projects and/or validations.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.