WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Primary duties include safely performing a wide range of tasks that include stacking corrugated product, conducting quality checks, material set-up, and maintaining a clean and organized workspace. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safe, an ability to work in a fast paced environment, a strong desire to learn manufacturing processes and the ability to operate complex machinery and have a desire to advance within the company.
What you need to succeed:
· Responsible for operating forklifts
· Complete a daily checklist on Material Handling Equipment (MHE) before the start of the shift.
· Ensure all safety equipment and devices are in place and working properly.
· Safe operation of the MHE within the plant to prevent damage or personal injury.
· Responsible for unloading inbounds, warehousing materials, supplying production lines and loading outbound shipments.
· Checking the trailers to make sure they are safe to use.
· Ensuring materials are properly unitized and marked.
· Accurately checking the quantity and description of the materials handled.
· Loading various size pallets to maximize trailer cube while minimizing in transit damage.
· Able to learn and use KIWI software and RF Scanners
· Completing paperwork associated with the movement of materials in an accurate and a timely manner.
· Maintaining an accurate inventory of all materials and completing the daily cycle counts.
· Assisting other areas as the need to maintain a team approach.
· Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
· Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Overtime is required.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience working in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment with two years forklift experience Corrugated box manufacturing experience a plus A strong desire to advance within the facility High School diploma or GED equivalent Offer contingent on passing background screening and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.33 per hour