WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Production Planner/Scheduler - Fort Worth (TX)
6701 South Freeway
Fort Worth, Texas, 76134
The Production Planner is responsible for creating production schedules for manufacturing that maximize efficiency and productivity, and meet customer requirements.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Use knowledge of the production process and machine capabilities to analyze manufacturing orders and create production schedules
- Schedule machines and maintain scheduling board
- Set up bill of materials, routing and book production orders
- Release jobs to production; track orders and production information
- Update schedule and report progress to Manufacturing Support Manager; make schedule/production changes, as needed
- Responsible for Inventory Management for job specific supplies and materials
- Order job specific supplies and roll stock as needed
- Create and/or maintain Daily/Monthly Reports.
- Comply with OSHA and WestRock safety regulations and guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need to succeed:
Must be proficient in Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Must be well organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
Must have good interpersonal communication.
Must demonstrate superior time management skills.
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Must be able to maintain good attendance.
Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Experience with KIWI and corrugated industry preferred
Must have strong mathematical skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
Corporate culture based on INTEGRITY, RESPECT, ACCOUNTABILITY, AND EXCELLECE
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
A career with a Global Packaging Company where SUSTAINABILITY, SAFETY, AND INCLUSION are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans