WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Planner/Scheduler - Fernandina Beach, FL
600 North 8th Street
Fernandina Beach, Florida, 32034
Maintenance Mechanical Planner
The maintenance planner/scheduler provides for effective use of personnel, materials, and equipment through the planning, scheduling, coordination, and reporting of repair activities for the maintenance department.
What you need to Succeed:
- B.S. Degree in engineering (preferred) and 3 plus years’ experience in mechanical maintenance, or 5 plus years’ experience in a mechanical maintenance supervisory/planner role (required) and 7 plus years (total) mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing/process industry (required).
- Experience in paper mill/power and recovery (preferred).
- Reliability and/or precision maintenance experience (preferred).
- Basic computer skills (Micro Soft Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Additional computer skills Micro Soft Project, Pi Oracle, JDE CMMS (preferred).
- Must be self-starting/self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be flexible on shift as overtime is required.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and on time.
- Good communication skills including the ability to interact with other levels of management and staff.
- Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical
Adheres to all mill safety rules, participates in, or may lead safety programs and meetings with the goal of improving safety at the mill. Supports the mill behavior-based safety program.
- Demonstrates active caring for co-workers
- Learns all job-related Safe Operating Procedures
- Participates in safety meetings and Safety Training
- Reports all near misses and unsafe conditions
- Suggest methods for improving the process
- Reports all injuries immediately
How you will impact Westrock:
- Plan routine maintenance work orders for internal maintenance crews to include:
- Scope of work to be performed
- Pertinent specifications, instructions, and safety information such that competent craftsperson can perform the work without questions
- Expected material requirements, including kitting and delivery/staging instructions
- Determines availability of materials and resources as required, writing purchase requisitions within the work order package as needed.
- Tools and equipment required for the job
- accurate locations of work and materials
- Required permits (safety, environmental, work process, etc.)
- Estimates for labor, time, and costs
- Complete scopes of work for bidding work to contractors for jobs that will be contracted out.
- Follow all machine specific safety and lockout/tagout procedures on an as needed basis. Identify and communicate unsafe conditions.
- Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull >50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
- Follow all safety procedures and promote safety & safety programs throughout the facility.
- Incorporate safety requirements and JHA’s (Job Hazard Analysis) for all work orders and jobs to support and drive safe work behaviors
- Plan major maintenance and outage maintenance activities.
- Assist maintenance coordinator in identifying planned or ready to schedule work that can be tasked to shift maintenance when equipment access opportunities arise either through unplanned downtime events or other emergency situations.
- Assists operations and maintenance supervisors in developing the area timelines for outages, identifying critical path work, and incorporating other work within the critical path timeline.
- Assists operations and maintenance supervisors in coordinating and executing work during outages/field days and may include supervisory oversight to internal and external labor resources as needed.
- Forecast maintenance spending both monthly and annually.
- Work with contractor groups to develop and understand Scopes of Work (SOW’s) and will, as needed, escort contractor(s) to and around job sites to assure full understanding of the SOW, the work area and other information to assure contractor(s) can submit a complete bid on the job/project.
- Solicitation of bids for contracted work.
- Maintain Equipment Bill of Material’s.
- Attends or leads the weekly planning coordination meeting in area of responsibility
- Assists maintenance manager and maintenance coordinator in reviewing “ready to schedule” backlog for work to populate the weekly work schedule or upcoming outages/field days.
- Develops and maintains detailed preventive (PM) work orders for area of responsibility in cooperation with the appropriate maintenance supervisor.
- Monitor Maintenance budget by maintaining maintenance expenditures.
- Coordinate with vendors to gather necessary engineering and technical documents, specifications and upgrades for equipment and parts
- Review planned work orders, prioritize work order viability, and schedule the maintenance orders to reduce any machinery downtime
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.