WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Manager, Power, Recovery and Recaust Assistant – Evadale, Texas
1913 Hwy 105 S
Evadale, Texas, 77615
This role will provide day-to-day and strategic leadership to improve safety, environmental compliance, quality, cost control and production for the Power/Recovery/Recaust departments. This position will interact with all mill departments to maximize efficiency, be responsible for capital improvements and coordinate major annual outage activities. Responsibilities also include implementing, auditing and updating management operating systems to ensure compliance, efficiency and production excellence as well as understanding all mill safety policies and procedures, and actively participating in the Mill's safety programs/processes.
How you will impact WestRock
· Promote a safe work environment for PRR employees.
· Manage successful capital projects.
· Ensure consistent and efficient operations of all three departments.
· Develop best practices for performance excellence.
What you need to succeed
· Successful candidate will need a BS Degree with 5 years of experience in boiler or power operations or 10 plus years’ experience in recovery boiler or power operations.
· At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
· Ability to work effectively with all departments in the mill.
· Proven leadership and teaching skills.
· Technical ability to understand, trouble shoot and improve complex integrated systems.
· Ability to lead cross functional teams.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.