WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Supervisor Pulp & Utilities - Evadale, TX
1913 FM 105 S
Evadale, Texas, 77615
Supervisor Pulp and Utilities
Supervises employees to meet manufacturing and production schedules. Coordinate production operations; maintains effective quality procedures and safety regulations. Provides first level of exempt salaried supervision to employees engaged in providing steam, compressed air, gas, chemical recovery, fuel oil, raw water treatment and electric power to the mill.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Responsible for the safety of employees in the Pulp Mill, Power House, and Woodyard. This is done by auditing employees and areas for unsafe habits and conditions. Toolbox meetings and safety discussions.
- Ensure efficient operation of the three departments in respect to safety, personnel relations, product quality, productivity, maintenance requirements, environmental concerns, receipt of raw materials and coordination with other departments.
- Handle daily payroll and absentee reports.
- Investigate and report unplanned incidents
- Insure daily production and maintenance targets are met. Adjusting processes to meet targets and coordinate the shutdown of equipment when maintenance is required.
- On shift resource for troubleshooting problems in the process as well as maintenance issues. Directs activities of shift maintenance.
- Develop and conduct department training classes specific to the area.
- Test employees to determine their readiness to qualify for higher positions.
- Support the mill ISO system by insuring our department quality standards are being met and by being a mill ISO auditor. Conduct interviews for the mills hiring process for hiring new employees.
- Inspects and checks equipment to assure proper operation.
- Provides leadership for the activities of his/her work team.
- Responsible for cogeneration operations.
- Provides channel of communication between work team and management team.
- Ability to drive performance management on their
- Adequate computer skills – e-mail, Pi, Domino, Kronos, intranet applications, SAP stores/WO functions, etc.
- Knowledgeable on labor contract and other department policies/procedures
- Demonstrate proactive approach to resolving issues that could result in injury, downtime, rejects, etc.
- Demonstrate proactive and fundamental troubleshooting skills and drive to resolution or apply additional resources until the issue is resolved
- Must be available to work 12 hour rotating shift as well as extra days when needed
- This position is in a manufacturing environment that involves rounds/tasks in operating areas that includes climbing stairs, ladders and high heat conditions