The Hendersonville Plant is seeking a Finishing Materials Coordinator who will assist the Finishing Manager by controlling the flow of materials into the Finishing Department based on scheduling needs daily. This would include cutting WP, corrugated, and any other special materials required for production. WestRock offers competitive wages, great benefits, and a strong company culture of respect and integrity
How you will impact WestRock
· Meets with the Finishing Manager and Scheduler throughout the day, to ensure that the schedule is accurate and that the scheduled jobs are ready for production. In the event that materials are not ready then this will be communicated to the Scheduler and Finishing Manager as soon as possible so that necessary adjustments can be made.
· Establishes the needs of the scheduled jobs over the next 1-2 shifts to insure materials are on hand and staged properly.
· Locates and assists the Material Handler to move all materials into place double checking labels for job numbers, etc. to insure 100% accuracy and the proper staging of materials.
· Checks on the timing of jobs coming through printing and cutting which could affect the schedule or have an effect on critically timed jobs needing completion.
· Estimates the start time of jobs for the next 1-2 shifts and communicates that to the Finishing and Scheduling managers based on Finishing’s performance.
· Brings to the attention of the Finishing and Scheduling managers corrugated that is unable to be located for an upcoming job to the Finishing and Scheduling Managers so they can make a decision on whether we by-pass that job until the supplies arrive or we make the decision to make our own corrugated to complete the job.
· Ensures all material be put on a gluer to complete the job being 100% on hand in full. This is the most critical function to your job.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
· Must have at least an Associate’s degree from an accredited school.
· Must have outstanding attention to detail.
· Must be able to aggressively tackle problems in strategic and timely manner and communicate to management effectively regarding any obstacles to getting the job successfully completed.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to set up information into spreadsheets.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
- Must be able to count and measure.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must exhibit basic computer skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.15
What we offer
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.