The Hendersonville Plant is seeking a Die Maker who will be an integral part of the Die Shop Team. The successful candidate will work with trained Die Makers to learn to program, machine, knife, rubber and assemble die boards, stripping boards, and blanking tools for the die cutting equipment.
• Checks die boards when they come in.
• Reviews daily printing and die cutting schedules for dies needed for
• Coordinates die needs with Structural Design Department.
• Assembles dies (knife, crease rule and rubber) for Die Cutting department.
• Verifies dies against samples in job bag for special requirements that are
• Verifies work is error-free prior to release to Die Cutting department.
• Trouble shoots and alters any die issues on press.
• Pulls repeat dies from inventory for new runs.
• Files dies back into inventory after run is complete and destroys combination
dies as needed.
• Requisitions supplies and maintains accurate inventory of materials needed.
• Responsible for technical training and instruction of Die Making Helper.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• Provides annual update of current dies and purges old dies from inventory.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed:
• Must have a minimum of two years’ experience assembling dies for the printing industry.
• Must be proficient in the operation and maintenance of a jig saw, and be able
to modify dies as needed.
• Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must have strong mathematical skills.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must have basic personal computer skills including e-mail and word
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be
required during busy periods.
• Must be reliable and dependable.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.