WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
CAD Programmer -Hendersonville, NC
200 Tabor Rd
East Flat Rock, North Carolina, 28726
The Hendersonville plant is seeking a CAD Programmer who will be an integral part of the production team working in Artios, BSI, and Cimpack to design and structure cutting dies for Bobst Die Cutting machines. Must have FOLDING CARTON EXPERIENCE.
WestRock offers competitive pay and great benefits including a robust 401(k) plan, medical, dental, vision, and many other great benefits available after just 30 days of employment.
Use CAD equipment to provide support to manufacturing by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches, and diagrams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Verifies schedule for upcoming needs. Programs tooling according to job orders.
* Calculates rule heights and scoring.
* Takes files and converts them into die layout.
* Produces job tooling based on job specifications and production needs.
* Evaluates low performing dies for possible production improvement.
* Works collaboratively with management and lead operators.
* Provides feedback and continuous improvement ideas.
* Assists with department reporting and data collection.
* Maintains housekeeping according to standards set by management.
* Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, security procedures, and instructions.
* Performs all duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all required PPEs to perform duties.
* Keeps department in specs with all 5S guidelines.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D., degree in computer science or computer programming a plus.
* Must have minimum 5 years' work related experience in CAD design,
* Experience in a Die Making Folding Carton exp..
* Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
* Must have the ability to read micrometers and caliper gage.
* Must be able to maintain good attendance.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours as necessary.
* Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
* Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Employee is required to: sit, stand, talk, see, hear, an
What you need to succeed
· Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Preferred degree in computer science or computer programming.
· 5-7 years preferred experience in a Die Making environment.
· Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
· Must have the ability to read micrometers and tape measures.
· Must be able to maintain good attendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.