WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Mechanic - Dallas, TX
1120 East Clarendon Drive
Dallas, Texas, 75203
- WestRock is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic.
- Work shift is Monday through Friday from 7am to 3:30pm.
- The hourly rate range for the position is $21.77 to $32.18 and your rate will be dependent upon your level of experience.
- This position also offers a potential sign-on bonus and relocation assistance.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Primary duties include providing safe and timely mechanical support, preventative maintenance, installation, service, repair, troubleshooting and resolution of multiple operating machines within a manufacturing industrial environment, specifically our Specialty Mill.
- The following minimum qualifications for a candidate for this position are listed below.
- These requirements are not intended to be all encompassing, but rather the minimum required skill level necessary to qualify for consideration.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in maintenance work in heavy industry.
- Must be able to perform layout work.
- Must be able to tear down, repair and properly reassemble specific industrial mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to handle all manual mechanical maintenance hand tools
properly and safely such as rules, pipe wrenches, hand drills, levels, wrenches, etc.
- Must be able to read and work with mechanical blueprints, drawings and sketches.
- Must be able to thread and fit piping.
- Demonstrate basic welding, stainless steel, flat sheet and black iron pipe.
- Demonstrate the ability to use an acetylene torch or plasma cutter.
- Have basic knowledge to repair and trouble shoot all pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the required maintenance and lubrication requirements for industrial equipment.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must score a minimum of 70% on Company Millwright Skills Test.
- Must score a minimum of 50% on Company Numerical Test.
- Must have acceptable written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a mature and professional manner.
- Must be open to working multiple shifts with potential overtime hours.
- All other duties as assigned.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.