WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Gluer Operator Trainee-Dallas, TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
Train to become a proficient, competent Gluer Operator by working with and assisting the Glue Operators. Learn to competently make mechanical adjustments and set up equipment according to the job ticket specifications. Learn to maintain and operate gluing machine(s) at the required production speeds while controlling quality, waste, safety, and housekeeping standards.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK:
- Learns to set up jobs according to job ticket instruction and approved structure.
- Learns to review job tickets for specifications, set-up time, run speed, labels, folding orientation, skid size, skid height, quantity, ship date and any special instructions.
- Learns to run equipment at the required speeds while maintaining quality, waste and safety standards.
- Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to job, position and department.
- Learns to monitor production schedules checking for current job and next scheduled job.
- Uses hand tools as needed to form cartons correctly.
- Verifies Feeder, Packer and Pad-Lockers have the proper materials.
- Learns to complete all production reports and/or logbooks.
- Learns to verify the Pecas counts and reports match the machine counts and reports. Make amendments to Pecas as needed for accuracy.
- Learns to prepare for future runs to enable quick and efficient set-ups.
- Aids other Operators and assists Feeders and Packers as needed.
- Learns to perform routine and preventive maintenance including lubrication and repairs to equipment except for electrical problem.
- Maintains records as required on a daily basis.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Works with and assists gluer operator with operation of folder/gluer in accordance with customer specifications and current Standard Operating Procedures with the goal of learning to perform work independently.
- Works with and assists gluer operator with make-ready, feeder, pre-fold, final fold and delivery with the goal of learning to perform work independently.
- Assists with set up of glue system, bar code scanners and pack station with goal of learning to do work independently.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Must have at least 90 days of experience as a feeder catcher.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must have basic personal computer skills.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must meet required criteria every six months as outlined in the training matrix.
- Must pass timed skills testing during and upon completion of training.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work