WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Feeder Operator - 1st shift - Dallas, TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
Operate the mechanical sheet feeder. Assist the press operator with the setup, repair, and maintenance of the press.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK:
Clears machine before and after each run and picks up and destroys all foreign material. Empties all waste receptacles located within the blue line area.
Reviews job ticket and selects the proper type and quantity of paper. Loads and unloads paper. Inspects paper for defects or damage.
Obtains proper ink from ink room and fills ink fountains. Maintains proper levels of ink at all times.
Mixes water fountain solution and sets up dampening system. Maintains proper levels of water. Checks PH balance and conductivity reading of water.
Sets up and operates the mechanical press feeder.
Assists the press operator in the mounting of plates, blankets, and packing.
Moves loads of printed and unprinted stock when necessary.
Performs routine adjustments during the press run.
Performs housekeeping duties as directed. Keeps sufficient supply of chemicals and clean rags at the press. Responsible for keeping the press area clean at all times.
Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for each job.
Marks up printed sheet for coating knockouts. Checks the sheet against the mylar.
Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to pass color vision test.
- Must be able to pass color hue test.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift truck license.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a
diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.