WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Air Hammer Operator- 1st, 2nd, 3rd shifts-Dallas, TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
Set up and utilize air-operated stripping tool to remove waste from printed, die-cut sheets.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK:
- Sets up and utilizes air-operated stripping tool.
- Removes scrap board from die-cut sheets.
Deposits scrap in proper recycling bins.
Stacks die-cut blanks on skids for gluer operations.
Exercises care in stacking carton blanks on skids to prevent carton mix-ups.
Utilizes a manual pallet jack to move skidded stock into position for stripping.
Maintain a clean and hazard free area at all times.
Informs the manager when supplies or parts are required.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid forklift operator license.
- Must be able to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, procedures and work instructions.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Positions available on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts