WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Shift Supervisor - Dallas, TX
1120 East Clarendon Drive
Dallas, Texas, 75203
Shift Supervisor- Dallas, TX
The Dallas Mill is a 100% recycle coated paperboard mill located in Dallas, TX. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for the successful floor level leadership of the daily operation of the mill to achieve maximum sustained safety excellence, environmental compliance, ensuring quality specifications are followed and production targets are maintained at or above budgeted levels. Areas of responsibility include one paper machine, stock preparation systems, and shipping. The position reports to the Mill Superintendent within the Production Department.
How You Will Impact WestRock:
- Lead plant safety policies and procedures including housekeeping practices.
- Promote safety engagement among all employees.
- Lead pre-shift safety meetings.
- Build effective relationships with all internal departments.
- Communicate effectively with all functional areas of the mill to ensure all production needs are successfully achieved.
- Promote positive interdepartmental communication and collaboration.
- Control process and production workflow to ensure safe and effective use of available equipment capacity, labor, and tools.
- Directs the shift mechanical and electrical maintenance resources.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Coach and counsel team members to perform to mill standards.
- Be the first point of contact for all hourly employee concerns.
- Complete daily timekeeping duties, attendance reports, and shift reports accurately.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to make decisions
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Computer skills should include Outlook Email and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts
- Ability to coach and train employees
- Ability to be an on-shift resource for troubleshooting problems in the process as well as maintenance issues
- Ability to consistently apply a thorough working knowledge of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
What You Need to succeed:
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a production environment
- Effective process management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering or Paper Science degree preferred)
- Physical requirements: frequent standing, walking, occasional heights; outdoor and indoor conditions as well as summer temperatures of over 100⁰F.
- This is a rotating shift position.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.