WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Cutter Helper - Mebane, NC -
7411 Oakwood St Extension, PO Box 408
Mebane, North Carolina, 27302
- Review and understand job ticket with operator and determine necessary inputs for production.
- Operate an aerator machine and deliver aerated loads to the cutting machines.
- Remove loads from the cutter to the staging area that have been cut.
- Use a banding machine to prepare pallets of material for shipment or storage.
- Adjust the machine feeding mechanism to maximize production.
- Mount stripping tools, blanking tools, swords and other task alone or with assistance.
- Understand the controls of the feeder console and auxiliary controls for the operating systems.
- Perform basic maintenance of the equipment by following a written task list.
- Perform quality inspection of material to ensure product quality to the next process and customer.
- Complete necessary documentation and reports.
- Willing to help other team members by helping lift larger or bulky items when needed.
- Preform other duties as assigned by manager, supervisor, lead person, press operator.
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. regularly, 50 lbs. intermittently and 75 lbs. rarely.
- Stand up to 12 hours per day.
- Bend, twist, climb, squat, and kneel occasionally throughout the shift.
- Use hands for simple and power grasping as well as push, pull and fine manipulation.
- Use a hand operated pallet jack to transport pallets of material.
- See fine detail in printed product along with checking for cutting issues.
- Communicate effectively using written as well as verbal communication.
- Work in a high performing team environment and communicate frequently and effectively with peers, supervisors and managers.
- Previous cutting press experience is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Reading comprehension skills.
- Ability to think of different ways to preform specific task, recognize improvement opportunities.
- Availability to work additional hours above regular scheduled shift to cover for absences or vacation days.