WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Papermill Set Up Utility - Cottonton, AL
Highway 165 South, PO Box 40
Cottonton, Alabama, 36851
WestRock Mahrt Operations is currently looking for safe committed people to join our Paper Mill in Cottonton, AL. Currently, we are looking to fill openings at our entry-level position as a Set-Up Utility. Below provides more detail for the position and it requirements.
Basic functions: Set-Up Utility (Extra Utility) position is there to assist other workers in the operation of the Paper Machine and to cut cores.
Essential functions will include but not limited to:
- Cutting, loading, storing, and removing of paper cores
- Assist in start up of machines
- Clean up of areas
- Responsible to perform duties of other jobs in the Paper mill line of progression in accordance with Labor Agreement.
Mahrt Papermill offers competitive wages and benefits package. The Wages and Benefits offered include:
- Competitive hourly wage rates -- entry probationary rate is $16.48 per hour, with an increase to $23.50-$24.06/hr upon successful completion of probationary period.
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) and pension plan
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed:
- Possess a high school diploma or GE
- Pass company required written test that includes Rules &Gauges, Numerical Ability, Reading and Bennett Mechanical aptitude testing. (Testing administered on site)
- Ability to work in a heavy industrial environment
- Ability to work rotating shifts (Southern Swing)
- Ability to work safely at all times
- Possess a solid history of employment
- Ability to read to accomplish such tasks as reading reports, gauges, signs, etc.
***NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED IN REFERENCE TO THIS POSITION***
WestRock Mahrt Operations is committed to a safe, drug-free workplace. To be considered for employment, an applicant must pass all Pre-employment screening requirements which include:
- Academic/criminal/employment screen
- Drug Screen
- Physical and Functional Capacity Exam
WestRock is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.