Reporting relationships: The Color Plant Supervisor reports directly to the Paper Machine Operations Manager.
Primary Area of responsibility: Color Plant, PM1 Coater and PM2 Coater.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Report and address all safety concerns reported by crews or items noted during rounds on the machine.
- Understand/enforce mill safety policies/procedures.
- Conduct incident/near miss investigations in the color plant and as needed in other areas of the machine.
- Ensure all OSHA regulations are being enforced and all inspections are being conducted, to include eyewash, Hyster’s and crane.
- Maintain the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan for the color plant.
- Maintain Safety and EHS board in color plant.
- Responsible for ISO compliance in the Color Plant, to include: audit lead, document review, Book 13, document control and equipment.
- Monitor quality tests in the test station, on the machine and in the color plant. Use LIMS and PI to trend, troubleshoot and build history on wet coating and finished quality results.
- Lead and/or assist the review and identification of customer complaint root causes analysis related to coating and coater issues.
- Ensure all Sarbanes Oxley and Accounting regulations are being practiced and reported in the Color Plant.
§ Attend daily ABB meetings with Area F Maintenance Foreman and Planner.
§ Review work order backlog and production results daily.
§ Lead investigation and troubleshooting efforts on coating/coater issues impacting production.
§ Manage Color Plant raw material programs (20 Materials) and ensure in route and on-site inventory is sufficient.
§ Manage production supplies needed for the color plant and coater.
§ Perform weekly housekeeping inspections in the color plant.
§ Lead Mill and/or Corporate teams and be available to participate and/or lead in other production/diagnostic teams.
§ Perform Root Cause Analysis when needed. Align raw material suppliers to assist with troubleshooting when needed.
§ Support installation of new equipment and projects.
§ Develop and maintain color plant SOP’s and training materials.
§ Manage the Color Plants $82MM annual budget.
§ Provide forecast for monthly Financial Review meetings with upper management.
§ Work with finance to ensure budgeted cash flows are correct and being met.
What you need to Succeed:
§ 5 yrs Paper Machine Operational/Coating experience or a BS in engineering with previous coating experience preferred.
§ Target level or higher on following WestRock IPPE Behavioral Expectations: Stewardship, Performance Excellence, Innovative Spirit, Respect for the Individual, and Teamwork.
§ Computer skills: SAP functions, PI, LIMS, Microsoft Office, Opti-Vision, Intranet applications, Minitab, Merridan
§ Be knowledgeable of labor contract and other policies/procedures.
§ Six Sigma black belt certification preferred.
§ Participate on problem solving teams and function effectively as a team member.
Other Position requirements:
§ Must be available to work extra hours and extra days when needed.
§ This position is in a manufacturing environment that includes rounds/tasks in operating areas that include climbing stairs, ladders, railcars, tanks and silo’s in high heat and icy conditions.
§ Other duties as assigned.