Press Assistant (2nd shift)- Corona, CA
2577 Research Dr
Corona, California, 92882
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Press Assistant 2nd Shift- Corona, CA
The Corona facility is currently seeking a Press Assistant for the 2nd Shift (2pm-10pm) who will assist the Press Operator on the performance of manual and machine tasks in the setup, maintenance, and operation of the presses to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Ensures paper or raw material (inks) is loaded into press to supply a constant flow of materials while the equipment is running.
- Delivers equipment components (such as plates) for installation.
- Recycles old/discarded plates.
- Provides basic assistance to Pressman as needed to make-ready the equipment for operation.
- Assists with retrieving plates, mounting/un-mounting plates and or cylinders and other tasks associated with make-ready of the press.
- Reads work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions.
- Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to notify Pressman when malfunctions occur.
- Assures the image is registered from unit to unit and runs samples to make adjustments to assure print quality and color settings are in accordance with densitometer readings under the direction of the Pressman.
- Assists in the press wash up and cleaning process.
- Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
- Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain quality throughout the run.
- Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
- Accurately follows instructions.
- Maintains and records daily production, using specified forms.
- Records and amends production information in SFDC such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Opens machines and removes/replaces damaged product using hand tools under direction of the Pressman.
- Ensures efficient operation of presses and related equipment performing preventive maintenance requirements according to operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and established preventive maintenance schedules Understands and respects responsibilities of working in an SOP and cGMP environment.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.
- Has ability to learn Off-Set Press Operator II essential job functions and provide coverage as staffing needs dictate.
- Effectively communicates with and to management staff.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have six months to 1 year of related experience in manufacturing/printing industry.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including the demonstration of tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Must have knowledge of printing terminology and practices.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc.).
- Must have the ability to perform intermediate arithmetic (decimals, fractions, ratios, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, etc.).
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass a ruler test.
- Must be able to do accurate work.
- Must demonstrate effective decision making skills.
- Must be able to manage time effectively and independently.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.