WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Ensure Company assets and physical plant are secure and well maintained.
* Achieve desired results in Safety by demonstrating personal commitment and leading safety processes to sustain a safe work environment. Implement and coordinate department safety education and processes in accordance with corporate best practices and policies.
* Achieve desired results in Quality by leading process reliability efforts to ensure lowest cost, best quality with high return on assets.
* Minimize waste within the department by driving awareness, training and accountability.
* Participate in machine center goal setting process.
* Drive maximum throughput within the department by reducing set up times and increasing uptimes and machine speeds.
* Support Culture and maintain a strong focus on Housekeeping within the department.
* Identify equipment issues and coordinate necessary maintenance activities (including preventative) on the various production machines.
* Responsible for accurate production documentation/data entry.
* Problem-solve and address operational troubleshooting questions as they arise.
* Support effective labor utilization and efficiencies through participating in the process of employee scheduling and appropriate use of overtime.
* As appropriate, ensure department/area of responsibility is in compliance with all appropriate environmental regulations and permitting requirements.
* Demonstrate understanding and appreciation for key financial drivers in the plant and how they affect the bottom line. Be fluent in calculating the various costs of decisions as well as inventory costs.
* Control manufacturing and conversion costs within budgetary limits by developing tools and techniques to reduce cost and improve quality, and labor efficiency.
* Coach and develop hourly employees to maximize their effectiveness. Identify and develop high potential employees for levels of greater responsibility and scope.
What you need to succeed:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
Previous Work Experience
* Will have 5-10 years of operations experience within a manufacturing company.
* Will have a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
* Will have demonstrated leadership within a group of employees in productivity, quality and safety.
* Must possess a strong safety and operations background.
* Will have process acumen, be results-driven and possess strong communications skills.
* Will have a previous background in corrugated, paper or similar manufacturing environments.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled