WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock has a corrugated box manufacturing plant in Cedar City, UT. The Plant operates 18 hours/day, 5 days/week, Mon.-Fri. WestRock is currently hiring entry-level Production workers. WestRock's new employees immediately embark on a path to career growth into a machine assistant, machine operator position, or a forklift operator in our Shipping dept. Not only is progressing to a higher position available, it is required! Therefore, WestRock is seeking candidates with the potential and versatility to work in a variety of positions throughout the Plant.
Schedule: Full Time, straight swing shifts, 10 hours, Monday - Thursday.
Hourly Wage: The starting rate is $14.68/hour, with a potential increase after a successful completion of 90 day probationary period.
Qualities we look for:
* Focused on the safety of self and others.
* Takes pride in a job well done.
* High sense of urgency.
* Proven reliability (Exceptional punctuality and attendance record)
* Positive attitude; eager to learn, grow and contribute.
What you need to succeed:
* General mechanical ability.
* Solid computer skills, including the ability to efficiently navigate through program screens.
* Ability to work in a very fast paced manufacturing environment.
* Ability to learn quickly with on-the-job training.
* Possess strong reasoning and problem solving skills, to reduce machine downtime and quickly address problems.
* Possess strong attention to quality and detail.
* A commitment to alerting the management team when safety, quality, or other production issues arise.
* Ability to read and understand production specifications.
* Ability to accurately measure using the US standard measurement system.
* Willing and able to work long hours.
* Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in the English language.
* Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs regularly.
* Ability to lift and transfer up to 10 lbs frequently.
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
* Ability to withstand prolonged exposure to high heat and humidity indoors, during the summer months.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled