WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
General Laborers Needed!
Do you have experience working in a heavy manufacturing facility or a box plant? Do you enjoy working with others to exceed production goals? Would you like to work for a great company that gives back to its employees and values individuals who take initiative? If so, you may want to learn more about job opportunities with WestRock!
Who We Are:
WestRock is located in Bowling Green, KY. We are a manufacturing facility that produces corrugated boards which we then use to make shipping containers (boxes). Our in-house printing, design and display creation capabilities separate us from our competitors and make us one of the best businesses in the industry. This, along with our commitment to excellence, quality and customer service, is the reason we are used by major companies across the Country.
Benefits of Working for Us:
Base rates up to $18.85 in production.
Starting rate: $13.82 -- increases begin after 60 day probationary period depending on job assignmnent.
Additional pay for working 2nd or 3rd shift
Annual pay increases
10 paid holidays
Earn up to 4 weeks of vacation
Employee Recognition Program - Attendance bonus for good attendance
Financial, Health and Wellness Programs available to eligible employees including:
401(k), Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance and more!
Interested in Joining Our Team?
Here's what you need to know before you apply:
What you need to succeed:
* clamp and/or forklift experience
* leadership skills
* computerized print, flexo and die cut machines
* corrugator machines
* machine operator experience
* 2+ years of higher education in a related field
* 2+ years of military service in a related field
* Applicants need to possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered:
* A general understanding of safety practices in a manufacturing environment
* Basic knowledge of quality assurance principles
* Willingness to follow work rules and procedures especially in regards to safety, quality and attendance
* A commitment to alerting the management team when safety, quality or other production issues arise
* Ability to read and understand production specifications
* Strong reasoning and problem solving skills
* General computer skills such as the ability to navigate through program screens
* Willingness to take initiative, learn new skills and help team members
* Applicants for this position must be:
* Willing to work any of our three shifts which generally run from approximately 7 a.m. - 3 p.m., 3 p.m. - 11 p.m. and 11 p.m. - 7 a.m.
* Willing to work mandatory overtime and weekends, as needed
* Able to safely maneuver around our machines - some of which are in tight quarters!
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled