WestRock has an opportunity for a General Corrugated Team Member at our facility in Battle Creek, MI. The WestRock Battle Creek facility is a Box On Demand facility committed to creating a safe work environment, building motivated and engaged teams, and producing quality products for our customers. Our success is directly related to our safety, quality, and efficiency. This successful candidate will play a key role within the team here in Battle Creek in the following ways.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Cross-train on various machines to produce corrugated paperboard material.
- Maintain good housekeeping within work area
- Performs quality checks for area of responsibility
- Maintains machinery and performs preventive maintenance on equipment
- Actively involved with management, quality, and operators
- Provide feedback and continuous improvement ideas to the team
- Actively involved in all safety activities and keeping Safety a #1 priority
- Other tasks as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Experience operating fork lift or clamp truck a plus but not required.
- Be detail oriented, have good math, mechanical, and reading skills.
- Be able to follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Have ability to work independently and work well on a team.
- High School diploma or GED,
- Must pass internal testing and background check.
- The ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Efficient in basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Be effective in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work 8 hr shifts; either days or nights and be flexible to work overtime as needed
- Must have good attendance and an eagerness to learn
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Protective Equipment Required:
- Safety glasses, ear plugs, steel toe shoes, bump cap, and cut resistant gloves (as needed)
Essential/Marginal Functions and Physical Requirements
Essential: Sitting, walking, standing, lifting up to 50lbs, keying on keyboard and gripping of tools.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans