WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Inventory Control/Production Supervisor - Baltimore, MD
7605B Dorsey Run Rd
Jessup, Maryland, 20794
Position: Inventory Control
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Conduct daily cycle counts to ensure inventory levels are accurate within ASW. Effectively and accurately researches discrepancies of physical counts versus counts in ASW. Plans, organizes, and checks accuracy of inbound deliveries including physical counts and BOL discrepancies.
What you'll need to succeed:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of experience working in a warehouse environment and inventory control
- General fluency in English required, verbal and written
- Computer literacy required, prefer knowledge of MS Office
- Forklift certified is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate to management and other team members
How you will impact Westrock:
- Count inventory
- Research discrepancies
- Perform basic math functions
- Ensure materials are stored properly to conserve space in comply with safety procedures
- Oversees the rotations of inventories within the warehouse as needed
- Keep branch accessible for branch staff and visitors
Additional Functions/Job Duties:
- Load outbound trucks
- Pull will call orders when needed
- Other warehouse duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time as a primary job responsibility
- Capacity to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. intermittently during a typical work shift
- Observance to established safety guidelines in conducting physical work activity duties
- Utilize all material handling equipment without assistance
- Fulfill customer orders as needed including all material handling
- Perform job duties in severe weather conditions; heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is usually moderate to noisy, and a fast paced environment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.