WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Converting Supervisor will promote and maintain the well-being, morale and efficiency of the converting department providing communication and leadership skills to team members.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 3rd Shift role (11pm - 7am)
This position will be responsible for prioritizing the work of the converting department to ensure operational efficiencies meet or surpass company direction and forecasts. The Converting Supervisor will be responsible for promoting a safe and proactive work environment and provide the avenue for effective training and development necessary for team members.
* Direct, coordinate and oversee the converting department process.
* Communicate converting activities with the Plant Superintendent.
* Oversee that all required paperwork is completed timely and accurately.
* Ensure that acceptable levels of quality and production are maintained.
* Plan team member scheduling of any required overtime.
* Oversee the converting department safety, quality and production processes.
* Ensure that employment policies and practices are administered correctly, including positive reinforcement, discipline, observations, and employee evaluations.
* Actively develop a safety culture resulting in an injury free workplace.
* Provide daily support and technical expertise to area operators.
* Improving production and costs while enhancing quality.
* Facilitate the development of the knowledge and skills of team members to improve machine performance.
* Train employees on safety, processes and costs.
* Participation in Safety Reviews, Safety Training, and Safety Audits under the direction of plant management.
What you need to succeed:
* At least 2-3 years operations experience in a Corrugated manufacturing environment is required with at least 2 years in a supervisory/lead position.
* Industry experience is required and box plant converting experience is preferred.
* A minimum of an Associate's degree is required for this role - a Bachelor's degree is highly preferred.
* A superior knowledge of and commitment to safety.
* Demonstrated leadership skills, including lead-by-example management style and a passion for improving processes.
* The ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* The ability to maintain a personal and professional "continuous improvement" philosophy.
* Strong organizational skills; the ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints.
* The ideal candidate will also possess a driven and positive work ethic that will capture and energize our employees and customer's customers design needs!
* A team player with a positive attitude that will continuously pursue strategies to ensure safety and quality and build rapport with our teams. The desire to teach, coach, mentor and promote the success of a dynamic, goal-oriented and fast-paced environment.
* Excellent Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Essential Job Functions:
Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs, twist, bend, squat and kneel repetitively for this position.
Candidates will undergo comprehensive interviews. All offers of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug test and a background check.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled