WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Supervisor - Atlanta, GA
6090 Purdue Drive
Atlanta, Georgia, 30336
As a Maintenance Reliability Supervisor, you will be responsible for the safe work practices of the reliability crew. You will have a strong focus on root cause analysis, work order processing, schedules, job execution, and reliability crew supervision. The supervisor is responsible for the validity and execution of a work order, which requires a first-hand knowledge of the equipment, the step-by-step process to execute the work, and the manpower available. The supervisor will spend the majority of their time on the floor, verifying the crew is working as effectively as possible in order to improve reliability performance KPIs (reliability PM compliance, schedule compliance, work order completion percent, etc.). This role has the flexibility to work on any shift as needed.
How you will impact WestRock
- Ensure a safe work environment and adherence to all corporate, state, and federal safety, health and environmental policies, procedures, and regulations by all maintenance staff
- Create Maintenance Department safety goals and plan to ensure a safe work environment
- Develop and implement the short- and long-term maintenance strategy to enable operating efficiency in alignment with WestRock’s values
- Lead an effective Plant Maintenance Preventive and Predictive Program using industry and WestRock best practices to maximize equipment reliability and uptime.
- Supervise and schedule daily maintenance crew.
- Supervise and inspect maintenance work to ensure the most effective, efficient, and up-to-date technology and preferred maintenance practices are implemented by craftsmen
- Manage and analyze maintenance department KPIs to assess operating efficiency and identify opportunities to drive Performance Excellence
- Hands on Training (involved when necessary to assist with work)
- Direct control over the work order and preventative maintenance (PM) systems.
- Direct control over the daily schedule and personnel management. Working with maintenance craftsmen to execute planned and unplanned maintenance throughout the plant.
- Develops scope and part requirements for planned jobs, interacts with operations to verify WO accuracy and completion
- Works closely with production to determine time and availability
- Review, approve, schedule, cancel, close out (JDE)
- Provides specialist on the job training and support as needed
What you need to succeed:
- Technical background in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years in industrial maintenance with supervisory experience in maintenance.
- Adept at problem-solving and identifying root cause to implement preventative methods
- Experience in Preventive and Predictive Maintenance methodology.
- Ability to work within a 24/7 plant operations facility
- Be a strategic thinker with the confidence to make decisions which impact safety, uptime, and productivity
- Ability to coach and develop talent to create a highly productive, safety-conscious team
- Strong communication skills with ability to adjust communication style and interact across all levels of the organization