WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Assistant Operator - Aston, PA
100 McDonald Boulevard
Aston, Pennsylvania, 19014
Primary job duties will include but not limited to safely perform a wide range of tasks supporting the manufacturing areas, production, conducting quality checks, material set-up, and maintaining a clean and organized workspace. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safe, demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, a strong desire to learn manufacturing processes and operating complex machinery, and have a desire to advance within the company.
Applicants MUST HAVE: Ability to work available positions on 2nd Shift (3p-11p) or 3rd shift (11p - 7a) with frequent overtime up to 4 hours daily. Strong attendance and safety records and be available to work weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have Machine Operator experience in a high-volume manufacturing setting.
- 2 years of manufacturing experience in the last 5 years
- Ability to operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions and other duties as assigned.
- Must possess strong computer skills and apply use of technology in the workplace
Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Comply with all safety regulations.
- Possess excellent work ethic and attention to detail.
- Ability to read a tape measure and effectively basic math
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend and kneel thorough the entire shift.
- High school diploma or Military Technical Training
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans