WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Assist press operators with approvals, wash ups, tooling changes, material availability and plate mounting to ensure press runs as efficiently and productively as possible. Run press in operator’s absence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Mounts plates for upcoming jobs.
- Identifies stock requirements and change as needed.
- Identifies die requirements, retrieves die and changes and puts away when needed.
- Assists press operator in setting up print stations.
- Completes transactions in the job tracking system.
- Assists press operator in washing up press (internal & external).
- Changes worn doctor blades.
Assembly Technicians as needed.
- Handles finished goods (transports to rewind area or stacks on pallet).
- Helps other assistants/operators.
- Runs press in absence of operator (when qualified).
- Assists finishing group when needed.
- Provides support to meet department and company objectives by performing other duties as assigned.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have the ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have basic personal computer skills.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.