Electrical & Instrumentation Technician- Panama City Mill -
4506-Panama City Mill
One Everitt Ave
Panama City, Florida, 32401
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician- Panama City Mill
The E&I technician will utilize both electrical / electronic skills and knowledge (PLC’s, A/C, D/C motors and drives, schematics) and mechanical skills and knowledge (pneumatics, hydraulics, bearings, power transmission, lubrication, rigging, welding) in our continuous pulp and paper process manufacturing environment to achieve equipment uptime metrics.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Support continuous improvement of preventive maintenance
· Engage in preventive and predictive maintenance activities throughout the facility.
· Participate in trouble-shooting efforts to respond to equipment failures and/or process deficiencies
· Participate in root cause analysis and execution of corrective actions to minimize recurrence of unplanned shutdowns
· Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains Distributive Control System (DCS) and Programmed Logic Control (PLC) systems, which includes higher levels of automation, improved methods of control, and improved information gathering and reporting
· Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams, or schematics to troubleshoot and maintain process control systems
· Completes necessary documentation to ensure control documentation is current, follows all necessary change control procedures, and updates (marks up) drawings to reflect process improvements and field changes
· Initiates and completes work-orders and requisitions, and documents all critical and or pertinent information on a routine basis
· Responsible for vendor contact as requested
What you need to succeed:
· High School Diploma / GED is required
· 3+ years of Instrumentation and Electrical experience in a production maintenance environment or equivalent military experience is required
· This is a day position, shift rotation may come after 1 year of service; but you must be willing to work a flexible schedule, to include nights and weekends, depending on needs of the mill
· Computer skills including MS Office and ability to quickly learn new software used in the department
· Strong electronics background preferred with experience also in 480 volt, 2300 volt, 35k volts, 3-Phase Controls; AB/Rockwell DC Drive; AB/Rockwell PLC’s, Control Logic; Reading Electrical Drawings and Ladder Logic
· Able to work a rotating shift schedule, including weekends and overtime as needed
· Experience with variable frequency drives (Siemens a plus) and smart field instruments (i.e. pressure, flow, temperature, level and analytical transmitters, valve positioners, valve actuators and PID controllers) is necessary.
· Understanding of the working components of PLC/DCS systems
Must have power distribution (MCC / switchgear) experience.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· Great benefits to include medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plan
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans