About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Innovation Manager- Winston Salem, NC
5900 Grassy Creek Blvd
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 27105
The Innovation Manager position is responsible for leading the development of strategic and revenue generating innovations from concept to commercialization. The position evaluates new opportunities through the innovation stage gate process. The manager interacts with a wide range of WestRock and customer stakeholders to the successful develop and fully commercialize new innovations. These innovations provide the basis of insight based solutions that allow our customers to differentiate themselves from their competitors and win in the marketplace.
How You will Impact WestRock Displays
- Leads as a technical subject matter expert within the Division on Merchandising Displays, end-to-end assembly operations, printing technologies and mixed material utilization.
- Leads the development and evaluation of innovative projects throughout the organization. Partner with Key Stakeholders as a resource to further WestRock’s Insights and Innovation Platform.
- Regularly attend relevant innovation and industry conferences to identify best-practices, to build a network of external partners and to develop higher levels of expertise that can be applied to improving our capabilities.
- Leads Innovation meetings with WestRock prospects, customers and sales teams. Lead Innovation and Plant Tours to highlight and differentiate WestRock Innovation.
- Actively leverage the cross-functional expertise and experience of WestRock team members in creating, evaluating, and executing innovative activities. Recognize and support the value of the cross-functional team-member’s experience and works to gain input and alignment from team members in strategy development and execution.
- Must be willing to travel, including international travel.
- Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
Attitude- Have a positive disposition towards work- a very positive attitude
Accountability- Produce high quality of work with thoroughness and accuracy
Cultural Fit- core values that motivate the team, company and customers.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.