WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Director, Content Strategy
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
Position – Senior Director, Content Strategy
At WestRock(NYSE: WRK) , we provide packaging solutions designed to give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with them to deliver the best value on everything from paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers to specialty packages, boxes and displays. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together. Every day, our 50,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in more than 320 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs.
Learn more at www.westrock.com.
This role reporting to the chief communications officer will lead the development of the overall corporate content strategy in cooperation with and support of the business’ objectives.
- Act as the primary steward of the company’s corporate content strategy, working with the company’s businesses and regions to develop and effectively tell the WestRock story
- Drive the company’s thought leadership program, undertaking primary research projects and creating compelling narratives for use with a variety of audiences
- Oversee the management and development of WestRock’s brand assets, ensuring alignment with the company’s visual identity and brand voice in all communications
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop compelling content for the company’s overall communications efforts
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 15 + years progressive experience overseeing the development of corporate content
- 8+ years leadership experience
- Superb writing, editing, and presentation skills; ability to adapt to and engage different audiences.
- Creative communications and corporate communications strategy development and execution experience.
- Corporate storytelling ability with strong skills in the ideation and development of compelling thought leadership in a variety of formats.
- Proven ability to understand research reports and distill it into compelling and clear messaging.
- Global expertise and ability to define messaging and communications for varied markets/marketplaces.
- Self-starter, creative, strategic thinker; operational experience and expertise.
- Strong leadership, management, administrative, and supervisory skills and demonstrated ability to manage budgets, projects, and the development of direct reports.
- Experience working in a global environment with sensitivity to cross-cultural communications issues and opportunities
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.