The General Manager at WestRock Louisville Recycle plan is responsible for the total operation and financial success of the facility. Management areas include plant operations (multi-shifts), compliance, safety, business development, employee management, and meeting corporate financial goals
As site leader, the General Manager is responsible for the safety, operational excellence and business results of a large, multi-product recycling facility. To successfully achieve the desired results, the GM has oversight and ownership for all business results working closely across all functions.
Key areas of accountability include:
• Drive a culture of safety across a multi-shift facility, investing in behavioral recognition programs and a strong focus on hazard recognition and prevention utilizing corporate resources and programs.
• Ensure a systemic approach to maintenance, delivering a preventative maintenance plan and investment in appropriate capital projects.
• Work closely with sales resources to ensure appropriate recycle contracts and drive profitable disposition of product.
• Engages across local business and government operations to ensure contracts and services to the benefit of all.
• Collaborates with procurement, logistics, service, customers to ensure best landed cost of product to internal paper mills.
• Negotiations with outside contractors, vendors, suppliers to ensure competitive services and prices as needed.
• Understands and drives the financial performance of the business.
• Engages regularly with employees to ensure alignment, communication and engagement across the facility.
• Leads with integrity and ensure the facility is compliant with all appropriate standards, policies and regulations.
• Oversees transportation fleet and ensures all compliance.
• Seeks out and develops new opportunities for increased business.
• Work closely with sales manager in developing and maintaining relationships with key accounts.
• Build effective relationships with all departments in plant to produce strong customer relationships and a superior product.
• Build effective alliances with other WestRock plants to better serve customers that cross multiple plants.
• Provide a vision for the plant strategically linking resources of the facility with its respective markets.
• Foster employee development through training and other resources
• Values and seeks contributions from all team members and facilitate regular team meetings.
• Control cost within budgetary limits to achieve profitability.
• Review and understand annual budget, forecasts and monthly financial summaries for area
• Responsible for management of assets (P&L) to include material sourcing-procurement, sales, safety, plant operations, customer service, environmental, and quality.
What You Need to Succeed:
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience in the single stream waste handling required.
General Manager experience preferred
Leadership experience a must
Effective negotiating skills.
Ability to operate with the customer's best interest in mind.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.