General Manager, Victory Packaging - Fort Worth, TX
15101 Grand River Rd
Ft Worth, Texas, 76155
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 350 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
General Description of Position:
The General Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating operational activities at the highest level of management and overseeing the daily operations of a large distribution facility.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Responsible for the operations within the warehouse, including the following departments or employees - routing/dispatching, receiving, forklift operations, truck driving/maintenance, general warehouse and inventory.
- Responsible for all phases of employment, including interviewing, selecting candidates, training, monitoring, disciplining and terminating staff.
- Develop supervisors and team leaders to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned teams.
- Closely monitor the compliance of all safety policies and operation of equipment.
- Research, recommend and implement appropriate equipment to ensure safe transport and storage of all products.
- Oversee the completion of all required paperwork and data entry by warehouse team.
- Coordinate scheduling and routes with drivers and dispatcher.
- Partner with Safety department to continuously improve and enhance safety discipline, practices, and policies.
- Ensure materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures in conjunction with staff
- Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse, as needed.
- Develop and recommend annual budget requirements for the facility, including staffing levels and justification for new or replacement material handling equipment.
- Adjust staffing levels to meet peak customer demand.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have P&L knowledge
- Must be a strong
leader that can handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Minimum of six years of operations experience, including at least three years of experience managing industrial facility or distribution center.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to engage multiple functions (technical, engineering, general management) within a business.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); and other applications as required.
- Understanding of DOT / carriers
- Packaging background
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Keywords: general manager, site manager, GM, as400, as 400, P&L, safety, excel, distribution, warehouse, fulfillment, dispatching, receiving, inventory, supply chain, routing, fleet, lanes, routes, scheduling, suppliers, vendors, packaging, bottles, bags, pouches, corrugated, packaging, inventory management, inventory control, DOT, LTL, freight