WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Manager-Hendersonville, NC
200 Tabor Rd
East Flat Rock, North Carolina, 28726
As a Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for providing expertise and leadership to the service and maintenance staff while ensuring the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of WestRock’s plant assets. Your role will also be responsible for driving continuous improvement of plant operations to enable efficient, high-quality production of customer products.
How you will impact WestRock
· Develop and implement the short- and long-term maintenance strategy to enable operating efficiency in alignment with WestRock’s values
· Create Maintenance Department safety goals and plan to ensure a safe work environment
· Create an effective Plant Maintenance Program using industry best practices to maximize equipment reliability and uptime
· Supervise and inspect maintenance work to ensure the most effective, efficient and up-to-date technology and preferred maintenance practices are implemented by craftsmen
· Ensure a safe work environment and adherence to all corporate, state and federal safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and regulations by all maintenance staff
· Manage and analyze maintenance department KPIs to assess operating efficiency and identify opportunities to drive performance excellence
· Negotiate using win-win strategies on behalf of WestRock with the Labor Union representatives on contract issues
What you need to succeed
· 2- year technical degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
· Minimum of 10 - 15 years in industrial maintenance with supervisory experience of maintenance engineers
· Adept at problem-solving and identifying root cause to implement preventative methods
· Ability to plan and manage a budget
· Ability to work within a 24/7 plant operations facility
· Be a strategic thinker with the confidence to make decisions which impact safety, uptime and productivity
· Ability to coach and develop talent to create a highly productive, safety-conscious team
· Strong communication skills with ability to adjust communication style and interact across all levels of the organization Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com. WestRock is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.