Operations Manager - Packaging Machinery
Zone Industrielle La Martinerie
WestRock partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com. WestRock is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce.
In Europe, WestRock leverages global scale and a unique breadth of capabilities to deliver high-quality paperboard folding cartons and multipacks, high performance automation equipment, and world-class service for food and beverage producers. We create a better world through innovative sustainable paperboard packaging solutions for our customers.
Our 100+ manufacturing site near Châteauroux (36) designs and produces high-tech packaging machines for leading global food and drink brands worldwide. From small semi-automatic machines to complex high-speed packaging systems, we offer personalised solutions that meet specific customer needs.
The Operations Manager is a very senior role. You report to the Operations Director and ensure the whole site operates smoothly at maximum efficiency. You lead all aspects of Manufacturing, Procurement and Performance Excellence. Your role plays a significant part in supporting a Billion Dollar global business unit and as such is critical to the future growth of WestRock.
You speak French and English and have a mechanical engineering background, ideally in packaging machinery.
How will you impact WestRock:
- Manage the overall production schedule according to commercial requirements, reviewing workloads and manpower to ensure targets are met
- Identify the labour and capital resources needed to maximize productivity
- Ensure machines are produced on time, on budget and to expected quality requirements
- Confirm understanding and compliance with safety, security, human and financial policies
- Ensure changes to customer requirements are understood and implemented
- Manage off-site production
- Manage supplies and site purchases for machinery production, spare parts and general services management
- Define and coordinate continuous improvement projects to implement Lean Manufacturing
- Analyse and improve processes and work to improve quality, productivity and efficiency
- Analyse defects to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ensure key performance indicators (KPIs) are in place and production targets are met
- Make certain that staff are trained to the appropriate level
- Input into the strategic planning of the facility, identify needs to achieve business growth opportunities.
- Be the primary point of contact for all customer visits
What you need to succeed:
- Engineering degree ideally with experience in bespoke machinery manufacturing
- 10+ years of management and leadership experience in manufacturing
- Ideally you will hold Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing qualifications / depth of knowledge
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English both written and oral
- Experience of working within a Fortune 200 US multinational and the challenges and opportunities that this brings
- Ability to simplify and relay complicated technical information
- Strong change management skills