Plant Manager - Folding Cartons
500 Woodward Avenue, Yate
Bristol, BS37 5YS
The Plant Manager for our Bristol Folding Carton plant is responsible for the overall operations of the site supporting the company’s safety, quality, efficiency, and cost objectives.
They execute business strategy, achieve EBITDA goals and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures. They foster a team atmosphere, provide vision and support of the company’s core processes. They champion initiatives to further embed KPIs, Safety, Quality, Lean Manufacturing, Team Development and Continuous Improvement. They are a true leader and lead with passion.
This position reports to the GM EMEA Beverage.
How you will impact WestRock
- Identifies and implements optimal business processes and organisational structure for the plant.
- Identifies, recommends and implements strategic changes in manufacturing and operations.
- Builds, develops and manages a capable operations leadership team.
- Provides individual team members with aggressive and clear performance objectives.
- Implements, improves and maintains world class manufacturing policies & procedures, materials usage, shipping & receiving, capacity planning, production scheduling, safety, customer satisfaction, and KPIs.
- Provides leadership and support to Lean Business Practices and Activities.
- Prepares and submits capital equipment recommendations, process changes, building improvements.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the company’s business and manufacturing processes, products and operating philosophy.
- Develops strong lines of communication across the facility to facilitate teamwork and employee engagement.
- Mentors direct reports and assists them with hiring, terminating, and discipline/developmental issues among their subordinates.
- Ensures that the facility has an effective overall strategy and program for employee development and training.
- Ensures that the facility operates in a manner which optimizes the safety of all employees.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that facility production meets corporate quality standards.
- Develops and manages the facility’s budget and employees achieving the corporation’s cost/profit objectives.
- Ensures facility meets production and on-time delivery targets.
- Implements effective materials management practices throughout the plant.
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities.
- Makes sound operational decisions.
- Leads change.
- Manages conflict effectively.
- Understands the functions and capabilities of various corporate departments and uses those resources effectively.
- Leads root cause analyses and ensures problems are resolved effectively and in a timely manner.
- Uses data to improve productivity.
- Owns issues and problems, seeing them through to resolution.
- Identifies with and supports corporate leadership and company decisions.
- Ensures that employees are being recognised appropriately for good performance.
- Builds collaborative relationships within the organisation.
- Interacts with other plant managers to share best practices.
- Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction by effectively interacting with Sales and Customer Service.
- Provides timely and regular operations reports to GM EMEA Beverage and other members of Senior Management.
What you need to succeed
- Degree and/or at least 5 years experience as a plant or operations manager in a manufacturing environment.
- Folding carton experience.
- Demonstrated track record of manufacturing management excellence with a proven track record of achieving production, quality and cost objectives while maintaining a safe and positive environment for all employees.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate with subordinates, superiors, peers, customers, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning and budgeting skills.
- Superior leadership and managerial skills to instil teamwork, delegate effectively, and build collaborative relationships to accomplish business objectives.
- Strong organisational skills and a superior attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and objectives.
- Have a proactive management style to anticipate and resolve potential issues before they become significant problems.
- Creativity and innovation to identify new approaches, processes and systems to business operations and issues.
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work