About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Operations Manager - Adams, WI
201 West Grove St
Adams, Wisconsin, 53910
The Operation Manager position directs. leads and coordinates, through direct report supervisory personnel, operations activities utilizing his/her knowledge of product function, production methods and procedures, and machine and equipment capabilities.
How You will impact WestRock
· Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities for products consistent with effective operations and cost factors
· Works with other members of the facility staff in a team orientated manner
· Coordinate production activities with procurement (production planning dept), maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of personnel, machines, and equipment
· Ensure on a daily basis all WestRock Merchandising Displays standards and customer commitments (i.e., Safety, Waste reduction, R&A, output, on-time delivery) are followed within the plant
· Review and analyze production reports (OEE, downtime, waste, etc.) to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and/or operating or production problems
· Prepare and submit reports as required.
· Collaborate with the GM in the development and implementation of operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality
· Drive continuous improvement initiatives; monitor all control procedures, recommending improvements to the General Manager as appropriate
· Responsible for cost controls of the plant, must have working knowledge of the P&L as well as developing Capital projects
· Will participate and be a member of the Health and Safety Committee
· Participate in Six Sigma projects as needed for the facility
· Supervise the facility’s production superintendent and other supervisors; responsible for employee training and development
· Establish individual and group goals and accountabilities and evaluate work performance for direct reports; review and approve performance evaluations for indirect reports
· Build an effective partnership with plant hourly employees in an effort to improve overall plant production
What You need to succeed
· Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering concentration. and five to ten (5-10) years’ prior management and/or supervisory experience. Industry experience is preferred.
· The Operations Manager position requires good oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· The position also requires strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to apply innovative solutions and to think creatively in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.