WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The printing card industry is healthy and growing! Find your career in printing with WestRock!
WestRock is currently seeking a third shift Maintenance Mechanic for the Affixing Department at our Woodridge, IL facility. Starting pay $18.00 + shift differential + overtime! Full health benefits after 30 days of employment.
What you will learn:
Provide support and collaborate with existing maintenance staff, complete any paperwork required within the Maintenance group and provide regular status updates of repair activity to Plant Manager. Responsible for all general building maintenance and repairs, trouble shooting, and performing repairs on manufacturing machinery as necessary. Oversee and direct subcontractor activity. Communicate project requirements and sign off on work completed. Inspect and review completed work to ensure it is performed to satisfaction prior to sign off.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with HVAC troubleshooting and repair.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with general building electrical, mechanical, general carpentry, building maintenance/repair, and machine mechanical aptitude.
- Must have general knowledge of PLC trouble shooting and programming.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with building electrical systems.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc.)
- Must have the ability to complete, organize, maintain and file paperwork.
- Must be able to collaborate and lead a team, conflict resolution skills, good organization and prioritization ability.
- Must have the ability to create, present, and maintain annual and project based budgets.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.