About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
We are seeking an E&I Maintenance Mechanic to be located in West Point, VA. The E&I Maintenance Mechanic inspects, tests, repairs, installs, and maintains electrical and instrumentation for production and process equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain electrical equipment of varying voltages including but not limited to 0V through 13,200V.
· Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain electrical equipment including but not limited to: motors (all types), starters, breakers, transformers, isolation switches, relays, fuses, resistors, air conditioning, valves, AC Drives, DC Drives, electrical cable, fiber optic cable, coaxial cable, conduit, receptacles, PLC’s, heaters, control panels, lights & lighting panels, cranes or other lifting devices, distributive controls, UPS, fire & emergency alarms, turbine controls, disposal of bulbs and other hazardous material, open and close shutters on nuclear devices, cable trays, and ground precipitators.
· Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain electronic equipment including but not limited to: power supplies, inverters, rectifiers, transistors, amplifiers, capacitors, inductors, diodes, resistors, and soldering.
· Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair, install, calibrate, and maintain instrumentation equipment including but not limited to: transmitters (all types), valves, I/P, positioners, actuators, dampers, flow meters, tubing, O2, PH, conductivity, RTD, thermocouple, infrared.
· E/I will be required to learn and operate several pieces of test equipment including but not limited to: multimeter, amp meter, wigey, oscilloscope, megohmmeter, tic trace, hot sticks, wave generator, chart recorder, Hart communicator, transmation, hi-pot unit, dry block calibrator, dead weight tester, and magnetic flow simulator.
· E/I will be required to learn and operate several different computer software programs, including but not limited to Windows, Microsoft Office, RSLogix (or other PLC software), PI Datalink, Multilin, SEL AcSELerator and Outlook. Ability to learn the JD Edwards CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Software) system is also a must.
· E/I must be able to operate equipment including but not limited to: cranes (mobile and stationary), fork trucks, and other lifting devices.
· E/I will also be required to do miscellaneous labor task including but not limited to: cutting and pushing broke, cleaning equipment, cleaning floors (sweeping, mopping, or washing), painting, and emptying of trash containers.
· E/I must also follow lockout/tagout procedures & NFPA 70E policy.
· E/I must have annual CPR training and mill annual safety training.
· Shift E/I must respond to calls from production or maintenance in a timely manner, participate as a fire brigade member, attend weekly production start of shift safety meetings, and communicate issues through verbal & written means (email & shift log).
This facility is operated as a multi-craft team concept mill and all individuals are required to work to their potential. This job description does not in any way limit the responsibilities of the Electrical and Instrument Technician.
What you need to succeed:
- 3ph, 575v AC
- Basic understanding of motors and motor controls
- Basic understanding of electrical controls and instrumentation
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to participate/succeed in a team environment
- Able to read and understand schematics
- 2 yr. associate degree would be helpful, or Military technical training
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.