WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Supervisor - West Point, VA
19th & Main St
West Point, Virginia, 23181
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor - West Point, VA
Looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to provide direct supervision to hourly maintenance
personnel and reports to the Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent. This position is for the paper machine area of the West Point Mill. This includes three paper machines, recycling facility, shipping and warehouse areas.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Administers and models safety in his/her area of responsibility; participates in and supports the safety programs for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance employees. Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA and plant safety.
- Responds to calls as needed; is a team member on a rotating weekend/holiday basis and is on call support for maintenance.
- Sets expectations of the crews and provides direction using SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, timely).
- Motivates the team using coaching, mentoring, feedback, and recognition.
- Holds people accountable for meeting expectations and goals.
- Is primarily responsible for direct supervision to hourly mechanics in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Is responsible for safety, training, and assignment of work to mechanical personnel in assigned area.
- Is responsible for maintenance spending in assigned area along with other members of the team.
- Oversees employee compliance with corporate, division, and mill safety including 70E and environmental rules and procedures.
maintenance planner, operating department maintenance coordinator and operating department superintendent.
- Is an integral team member working with the
- Ensures crew uses proper parts and equipment.
- Ensures crew has all necessary resources to complete maintenance work.
- Maintains the equipment in assigned area to achieve the maximum possible uptime at the lowest possible cost.
- Is chief troubleshooter on equipment in assigned area.
- Utilizes the J.D. Edwards CMMS as a primary tool of the mill maintenance process.
- Works with are Operations Maintenance Coordinator (OMC) and Mechanical Planner to prioritize, schedule and execute planned work.
- Handles unplanned work (break-ins) as necessary.
- Responsible for helping maintain area maintenance budget.
- Promote reliability through precision maintenance principles.
- Engaged with Root Cause Failure Analysis.
What you need to succeed:
Mechanical Engineering degree (preferred) or Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and 5 years Pulp Mill experience, or reliability and/or precision maintenance experience, and 5 years or more supervisory experience in the Pulp & Paper industry.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.